The E-Drive (electric fan cooling system) is designed to work only when required, lowering running costs, and environmental impact. The unique configuration ensures that energy is not wasted and fuel savings can be achieved.
The E-Drive can be designed to customer specifications to include up to 20 fans which only operate when required. This reduces energy losses and improves engine efficiency through more accurate control of engine temperatures. The system is ideal for retrofitting/refurbishing existing fleets, as well as new OE applications.
- Buy America compliant
- Better fuel economy
- Reduced noise (approximately 30%)
- Reduced CO2
- Reduced weight
- Reduced fire hazards
- Reduced vehicle downtime
- Reduced cleaning
- Easy troubleshooting
- Designed to customer specifications
- Standard 2 year warranty (extended warranty can be purchased)
- Next generation J1939 controller
- Finger guard available for individual fan
- Lighter fan
- 30,000 hour fan life
- New lighter tube and fin design
- Consists of 2 heat exchangers, one radiator, and 1 charge air cooler (no oil cooler)
- Up to 20 fans available depending on specification
E DRIVE SYSTEM
- Cores are constructed from Extruded Tubes and 0.15mm dimpled Fins designed to reduce clogging and cleaning
- Fin are clad coated on both sides to reduce external corrosion
- Charge Air Cooler tanks are cast constructed to minimize weight
- Electric fans with finger guard are brushless and rated for a minimum 30,000 hours
- 22amps at 4100 rpm
- Max Decibel per fan does not exceed 82db at Max RPM
- Fans operate in “banks” over radiator and charge air cooler
- Fans have a reverse feature for self-cleaning of the radiator and charge air cooler
- Fans are manufactured from a plastic housing to prevent corrosion and provide reduced weight
CONTROL MODULE AND FUNCTIONS
- Controller is located in a weatherproof enclosure ( IP66 / NEMA 4X rating ), not exposed to outside elements and not located on the outside or fan cowling
- Controller has a minimum of six Thermal Sensor inputs
- Diagnostic LED and Reverse button facility
- Controller communicates with the bus network via J1939 protocol
- Controller has an independent download capability and software for information on fan usage, temperature and troubleshooting
Thermal management is a highly specialist area where a wide range of factors are crucial. Our highly experienced design team are experts in crafting solutions to the most challenging of specifications.
Our testing regime and validation process ensures that when you specify a Grayson product, you can have total peace of mind that it will perform above and beyond your specification.
We constantly reinvest in the latest technology so whatever your manufacturing requirements, we can consistently deliver what you need. The key to our success lies in our flexibility.
Our systems can be found in an incredibly diverse range of vehicles. From specialist hybrid to earth moving vehicles, our products deliver high performance and durability even when faced with the most extreme operational challenges.
global delivery &
When you specify a Grayson product, we work in partnership with you throughout the whole process from design to installation, and you can have comfort knowing that we give you extensive support throughout the complete life cycle of the product.